The Cardiovascular Group at ABHI brings together the various working groups that relate to the cardiovascular (CV) system. The group is intended to bring a high-level view of the impact of CV challenges to the NHS and more widely to the UK population in terms of welfare spending and the impact on the overall economy. It has three key working groups focused on; vascular technologies, the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of stroke and heart valve disease.
- Chair: Declan Dunphy, Cook Medical
- Chair: TBC
- Vice Chair: Jane Nixon, Medtronic
- Chair: Amy Peters, Johnson & Johnson
- Chair: Denise Bryceland, Terumo
- Vice Chair: Robert White, Boston Scientific
- With ABHI member support, the Vascular Society has run the first pilot of a device-specific registry for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) procedures and is now looking to expand the device specific nature of the registry into other clinical areas.
- Members coordinated a robust response to the AAA NICE Consultation, delivering broad stakeholder agreement and continued insight sharing.
- Developed a Cardiovascular Health Check Report to help the group achieve its mission, vision and purpose.
- To work on the implementation of the recommendations outlined in the Cardiovascular Health Check Report.
- To coordinate activity across the sub-sector member groups so a collective voice can tackle common challenges.
- Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.
- Click here to access the ABHI Cardiovascular Disease Health Check Report.
The UK's Cardiovascular Industry
- 1.3bn Turnover
- 3,600 Staff
- 70 Companies
Source: Bioscience and health technology sector statistics 2020
“Where in your business life can you work hand-in-hand with industry colleagues and medical societies with an open, transparent and collaborative approach for the better good of the patients? The only place I can think of is ABHI Cardiovascular.”
Declan Dunphy, Chair, ABHI Cardiovascular