Digital Health Policy Group
Building on unique opportunities in the NHS, academic institutions and third sector, the Digital Health Group works with national organisations to ensure the UK maximises opportunities for citizen health and economic wealth by investment in data-driven healthcare and creates a strong infrastructure and commercial environment to support development of the best HealthTech solutions.
- Chair - Dr Roberto Liddi, Sensyne Health
- Vice Chair - Ravi Chana, Roche Diagnostics
- Provided input into a raft of consultations from NHS and government and participated in panels and conferences to ensure industry views are well established.
- In line with overall ABHI approach to regulation the group has published a discussion document on digital health which has received broad agreement from stakeholders.
- Delivered a range of external stakeholder engagements at group meetings, including NHSX, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the Office for Life Science.
- Ensure the industry has access to NHS data under appropriate legal, ethical, technical and commercial framework.
- Work with system partners and ABHI Regulatory Group to develop a modernised regulatory framework that is swifter, predictable and transparent and fits the rapid, iterative and interconnected nature of AI and digital health solutions.
- Work with NHSX and the Accelerated Access Collaborative to establish mechanisms that enables the flow of funds to purchase digital health technologies and links assessment, commissioning and payment mechanisms to support rapid adoption.
Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.
The UK's Digital Health Industry
- £1.36bn Turnover
- 11,143 Staff
- 491 Companies