The group works to establish the HealthTech industry as a trusted partner for improving patient safety by reducing ‘never events’ and providing key inputs to the Department of Health and Social Care.
- Chair - Mike Fairbourn, BD
- Vice Chair - Ian Duncalf, B Braun
- Identified “never events” to address as an industry group.
- Developed a patient safety paper which focussed on five key areas of concern in patient safety.
- Industry presence at HSJ Patient Safety Congress where industry paper on behaviour modification was launched.
- Raising the profile of the current and future impact of HealthTech on key UK patient safety issues.
- To foster collaborations between industry and relevant stakeholders.
- To prioritise areas of the Patient Safety Strategy where industry can offer most traction.
Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.
“From the adoption of automated processes that delivers safe practices, to education and training in technology and cross-sector partnerships, HealthTech has a vital role to play in supporting patient safety initiatives. I am proud to part of an industry that plays such a positive role in contributing to this vital work.”
Mike Fairbourn, Vice President & General Manager, UK & Ireland, BD & Patient Safety Group Chair