Value & Access
The Value and Access Group is the combined Commercial Policy Group and Market Access Policy Group. It brings together our work on the adoption and spread of innovation and the commercial uptake by the NHS, while allowing the specific needs of market access and procurement to be addressed. The objective of the group is to ensure that the NHS takes a valuebased approach to the assessment, adoption and procurement of health technologies across the system.
- Chair (Market Access Group) - Kieran Murphy, ReCor Medical UK
- Vice Chairs (Market Access Group) - Mark Chapman, Medtronic & Richard Evans, WL Gore & Steve Fearn, Abbott
- Chair (Commercial Policy Group) - Graeme Cameron, B, Braun
- Establishment of strategic and operational working groups with Supply Chain Coordination Ltd (SCCL), NHS Supply Chain and Category Towers (CTs).
- Involvement in all relevant NICE Methods and Process Review task and finish groups.
- Seat at the table for all critical Accelerated Access Collaborative work programmes.
- Industry formal consultation responses.
- Value Based Procurement (VBP)
- Define ‘value’ categories in VBP and how that value can be realised by different NHS stakeholders.
- Provide expertise resource to VBP programme to outline how savings and systems efficiencies can be delivered through VBP, using health economics and health outcomes principles, matching them to real NHS pressures.
- Support the creation of template contracting models for contracting for outcomes.
- NICE Methods and Process Review
- Shape the review to include important aspects for health technologies.
- Lead ABHI’s submission to NICE formal consultation outlining new NICE Methods and Process (Q3 2020) ensuring a fit for purpose differentiated health technology (versus pharma) process for health technologies accepted by NICE and in place post-consultation, with no new fees for health technologies over and above technology appraisal fees.
- Ensure the voice of health tech is strongly represented in all key Accelerated Access Collaborative Programmes.
- Contribution to emergent commissioning, commercial and tariff policies.
- SCCL Operational Engagement
- Create key messages that can be used by all companies in any engagement with SCCL and CTs.
- Create and maintain a working list of member concerns through quarterly surveys; review list prior to SCCL quarterly meetings.
- Through quarterly meetings with NHS Supply Chain create a solution-orientated approach to partnership working with NHS Supply Chain and Category Towers.
Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.
- ABHI Statement on MedTechScan
- ABHI Response to NICE Engagement on Charging for Technology Appraisals
- ABHI Statement on Centralised Procurement for High Cost Devices
“I, and all the members of the group, have a belief and a passion that health technology is a critical enabler to improve and protect the lives of patients. We also believe that as responsible suppliers to the NHS we have a core role in protecting NHS budgets. We can deliver on this by supporting the NHS in ensuring that procurement decisions are underpinned by both value and by making sure that the correct products are delivered on time and safely.”
Graeme Cameron, Division Manager B, Braun & Chair, Commercial Policy Group