HR Leaders Network
The purpose of the HR Leaders Network is to identify and respond to factors that impact talent development across the HealthTech sector. It provides an opportunity for members to work together on industry-specific skills initiatives, share best practice, keep updated on employment legislation, and broaden the network of partners and stakeholders with whom to collaborate on mutual priorities.
- Chair - Barbara Elliot, Baxter Healthcare
- Vice Chair - Jonathan Coles, Philips Electronics UK Ltd
- Rolled-out a “Careers in HealthTech” campaign to publicise employment opportunities in the industry.
- Contributed to the development of the Life Sciences 2030 Skills Strategy, which has a very strong HealthTech focus.
- Engaged and built relationships with critical stakeholders (Institute for Apprenticeships, STEM Learning).
- Continue to publicise opportunities through utilisation of case studies on the ABHI website and industry-wide meetings. Modify the campaign to work with key educational institutions and skills development organisations.
- Identify and agree the best mechanism for the network to actively engage with the Science Industry Partnership on the roll-out of recommendations.
- Partner with Institute for Apprenticeships and STEM learning to roll-out apprenticeship schemes and STEM ambassador style programmes for the industry.
Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.
"The Network offers the platform to share experiences and best practice, as well as providing a greater understanding of the trends impacting talent development across businesses. Being a part of an industry-wide group allows us to consider how we best attract and maintain skilled people into such an important sector.”
Barbara Elliot, HR Director, Baxter & HR Leaders Network Group Chair