The Brexit Health Alliance
ABHI is a founding member of the Brexit Health Alliance (BHA). The Alliance will form the voice of the health sector as the UK leaves the EU.
Alongside other industry associations, the NHS, patient and public health organisations, the BHA will ensure issues such as research, patients' access to technologies and treatments, are given the prominence and the attention they deserve throughout the Brexit negotiations.
The BHA has set out five key asks of government:
1. Maximum levels of research and innovation collaboration
2. Regulatory alignment for the benefit of patients and population health
3. Reciprocal healthcare arrangements: National voices with the support of the NHS Confederation
4. Robust coordination mechanisms on public health and wellbeing
5. A strong funding commitment to the health and public health sectors
We will keep Members updated as to the BHA's developments.