The group’s vision is to be recognised as a voice that represents advanced wound care manufacturers to external stakeholders, including the clinical community.
- Chair - Richard Cornwell, Hartmann
- Vice Chair - Trevor Andrews, L&R
- Industry’s views inputted into the National Wound Care Strategy (NWCS) programme in various consultations and representation on the Stakeholder Board.
- Supported the convening of the Wound Care Summit to provide a forum for stakeholders to answer question on the future of wound care.
- Developed industry narrative to be used in engagement with stakeholders.
- To guide clinical and procurement decision makers to consider and evaluate whole life system cost for wound care products versus lowest acquisition cost.
- Drive for greater alignment from key government stakeholders e.g. NWCS, Supply Chain Coordination Limited and procurement organisations.
- To promote value of appropriate evidence in wound management; working with clinical stakeholders to create awareness of the sector challenges.
- Led the development of the industry position on CET
- Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.
The UK's Woundcare Industry
- £1.21bn Turnover
- 4,530 Staff
- 110 Companies
“The ABHI Wound Care Group is very useful for our company to be a part of. Membership of ABHI overall, enables us to connect into the UK healthcare system at a high level, with the group helping to make sense of the current healthcare environment.”
Trevor Andrew, Commercial Strategy Manage, L&R Medical & Wound Care Group Vice Chair