The group develops the public affairs work programme to further ABHI priorities and assists in the development and communication of key policy messages both proactively and reactively to stakeholders. The key priority for the group currently is leading the HealthTech input into Brexit negotiations. This group also works to ensure that the wider membership are informed of ABHI’s public affairs activity.
Chair: Luella Trickett, Baxter Healthcare
Vice Chair: Kieran Murphy, Nevro Medical
- Support ABHI parliamentary stakeholder engagement
- Support members throughout the Brexit process
- Lead ABHI’s input into the Brexit negotiations and the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy
- Develop submissions to Government and related enquiries/consultations giving Members two weeks to input into ABHI draft responses
- Monitor and prepare for possible elections
- Development of key position statements
- Engage relevant ABHI Members in the work of the PAPG.
- Build up a group of parliamentary champions to support the HealthTech Industry
- Represent the industry to parliament including ministers and officials
- Maintain the ‘Brexit Framework’ to ensure all members are aligned with key messages
- Continue to ensure the messages of ‘Healthy Outside the EU’ are up to date and communicated with relevant individuals.
Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.