Legal Issues and Compliance Committee
The Legal Issues and Compliance Committee augments the work of other ABHI groups by providing advice and support on legal issues, especially in the UK market and regulatory areas.
Linda Sneddon, WL Gore
Tosin Umukoro, Stryker
- Promoting ethical compliance in the medtech sector, the main area of activity relating to the ABHI Code of Ethical Business Practice
- Protecting members’ interests in respect of Credentialing
- Monitoring general legal developments that may affect the healthtech sector
- Providing legal support to other ABHI groups on NHS commercial matters
- Keeping ABHI Code of Ethical Business Practice in line with that of MedTech Europe and UK-specificethical compliance developments
- Working with other UK industry bodies and the NHS on developing and implementing a UK Register for ‘credentialing’ company representatives who visit healthcare facilities as part of their normal work
- Monitoring developments in human rights legislation and practice in respect of their impact on the healthtech sector
- Providing ad hoc legal support on matters raised by other ABHI groups, particularly those relating to NHS market issues.
Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.