Group members advise ABHI on experiences of credentialing.
Legal Issues and Compliance
The Legal Issues and Compliance Group augments the work of other ABHI groups by providing advice and support on legal issues, especially in the UK market and regulatory areas. The group also has oversight of our credentialing network.
- Chair - Linda Sneddon, WL Gore
- Vice Chair - Tosin Umukoro, Stryker
- Following the latest updates to the Code of Ethical Business Practice, the group provided continued
support and guidance to both members and clinicians on its implementation.
- In June 2019, the National (credentialing) Register LSI combined their operations with the ABHI-supported MIA system, greatly increasing the NHS market penetration of the National Register.
- Promoting ethical compliance in the HealthTech sector, the main area of activity relating to the ABHI Code of Ethical Business Practice.
- To increase the uptake of a single, national, proportionate regime for credentialing of Life Science industry staff across the NHS.
- Monitoring general legal developments that may affect the HealthTech sector and providing support to other ABHI member groups.
Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.
“The group is a way of sharing experiences and gaining understanding of the challenges industry faces as a whole. Networking is important and it can help ground us in the realities we each face in our particular sectors. The updates we receive are helpful to allow us to plan ahead on legal and compliance issues that will impact our day to day work”
Linda Sneddon, Compliance Officer, WL Gore & Legal Issues and Compliance Group Chair