Resources and Support
- ABHI COVID-19 Webinar for SMEs recording (03/04/2020). Password: JpZSFZ3u
- ABHI COVID-19 Update Webinar slides (24/03/2020).
- Movement and Access for Life Sciences Employees - template letter
ABHI & Partners
- Update on COVID-19 National Testing Strategy and COVID-19 Surveillance (07/05/2020). Slides.
- Update on the National Testing Strategy and Lab Capacity (23/04/2020). Slides.
- Antibody testing webinar (15/04/2020). Slides.
- Testing webinar (08/04/2020). Recording & slides.
- DIT Diagnostics Panel Discussion - UK Response to COVID-19. (16/11/2020).
- The COVID-19 Business Support Hub is available here.
- CMS Cameron McKenna have produced this document on the issues impacting businesses, as well as this report on the liquidity support scheme for large businesses.
- Squire Patton Boggs have developed this complimentary contingency risk assessment tool, which may help with your COVID-19 planning.
- EMG-Health is helping to connect hospitals and healthcare providers who have urgent requirements across the globe. A list of offers and needs can be found here.
- Santander COVID-19 - Webinar Series. ABHI's Peter Ellingworth joins the Santander Trade Partners to provide the perspective of the life science sector. 02/04/2020.
- HMRC COVID-19 webinars.
- HM Treasury: Temporary changes to the Statutory Residence Test. 9th April 2020.
- Use this triage tool to find the relevant coronavirus financial support for your business.
- Check if you can claim for your employees' wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
- COVID-19 Business Interruption Loan Scheme and Fund (CBILS).
- Changes to state aid rules mean that more SMEs can access the CBILS. 30th July 2020.
- Apply for a coronavirus Bounce Back Loan.
- Check if you can claim back Statutory Sick Pay paid to employees due to COVID-19.
- Business innovation: what funding you can get and how to apply
- HMRC are beginning to contact customers who may be eligible for the government’s Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS). You can check your eligibility using the online checker tool.
- The BVCA has a live page providing advice on financial support available to business.
- This overview highlights the business support available to companies announced in the 2020 Budget.
- The Federation of Small Businesses has provided a useful breakdown of the current government measures to support businesses throughout this period of uncertainty. Their analysis can be found here.
- The British Business Bank has also provided useful guidance on the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme.
- The British Business Bank is also delivering the the Future Fund, which issues convertible loans to innovative UK companies with good potential, that typically rely on equity investment and are currently affected by COVID-19.
Government departments are hosting a series of webinars to help businesses understand the support available. These include:
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme, register here.
- International trade, register here
- 'SME COVID-19 Webinar Series' for UK businesses, register here.
A library of recorded webinars from HMRC can be found here.
A library of recorded business support webinars can be found here.
- KTN has established a COVID-19 hub containing information about funding, links to online events, requests for support to help combat COVID-19 and its impact.
- A new venture fund is offering grants of $10,000 to $500,000 to COVID-19 researchers. Apply here. Deadline 31st December 2020.
- UKRI open call for research and innovation ideas to address COVID-19. Apply here. No closing date.
- A £1million fund to fast-track innovation to aid the Armed Forces in the fight against COVID-19 is live. Apply here. Rolling deadlines.
Useful Clinical Advice
Advice from Europe
- MedTech Europe guidance: What Types of Diagnostic Tests Exist to Detect COVID-19? (10/04/2020).
- MedTech Europe analysis: European Commission documents on COVID-19's impact.
- MedTech Europe analysis: Steps by the European Commission on the economic front.
- MedTech Europe analysis: EU27 Response and Actions.
- MedTech Europe COVID-19 information hub.
Advice from the US
- AdvaMed's COVID-19 MedTech Resource Center
- Information on the US Defense Production Act (DPA) can be found here.
BSI Standards have made a number of Standards freely available online. These can be accessed here.
- Covid-19 Update for NHS Supply Chain Suppliers webinar 29/04/2020.
- Covid-19 Update for NHS Supply Chain Suppliers webinar 22/04/2020.
- Covid-19 Update for NHS Supply Chain Suppliers webinar 15/04/2020.
- Covid-19 Update for NHS Supply Chain Suppliers webinar 08/04/2020.
- The Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare COVID-19 page includes key materials to help the health and care workforce respond.
- The BMJ are providing free access to their most relevant CPD online courses to update and refresh clinical knowledge for those supporting healthcare systems in the fight against COVID-19.
'No Going Back'
- If you have something that has changed for the better, that needs to stay that way in the post COVID-19 world, the Academy of Fab Stuff want to hear about it.