ABHI Annual Regulatory Conference: MDR - Implementation, Transition and Beyond
09:00 AM - 17:00 PM
The conference is now sold out. For anyone wishing to attend, please contact Linette Irons on: +44 (0)20 7960 4366 or at firstname.lastname@example.org where you will be added to our waiting list and notified of any cancellations.
The Medical Device Regulations are now published and companies need to begin firming up their plans for transition to the new system. However, while the final text of the Regulation itself is complete, the Delegated and Implementing Acts still need to be written and final details of transition between the Directive and the Regulation are awaited. These are important issues where there is still much to learn.
This year’s ABHI regulatory conference will cover these key topics with the aim of providing the most up-to-date information possible. Delegates will hear from regulators, industry and notified bodies who will give their expert opinions and share the benefit of their close involvement in the evolution of the MDR.
As usual, this will be a ‘must see’ event. Book early to avoid disappointment, as last year's event sold out.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Bassil Akra, Head of Clinical Affairs, TÜV SÜD Product Service
- Oliver Bisazza, Director Regulations & Industrial Policy, MedTech Europe
- Maria E. Donawa, MD, President of Donawa Lifescience Consulting Srl
- Huw Evans, Head of Life Sciences and Healthcare, Europe, Middle East and Asia, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Dr Suzanne Halliday, Head of Notified Body, BSI
- Dr Eamon Hoxey, QMS Consultant & Director, E V Hoxey Ltd
- Shuna Mason, Partner, Head of Regulatory, Life Sciences Group, CMS Cameron McKenna LLP
- Dr Mike Murphy, QMS Consultant & Director, Mike Murphy Consulting Ltd
- Martin Penver, Head of Notified Body - Medical Directives, LRQA
- Yvonne K. Puig, Head of Life Sciences and Healthcare, United States, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Graeme Tunbridge, Group Manager – Devices Regulatory Affairs, MHRA
- Joachim Wilke, Director, Regulatory Affairs & Policy, Medtronic GmbH
- John Wilkinson OBE, Head of Devices, MHRA
The four pillars set out by ABHI provide a foundation that underpins the prosperity of the medical technology industry in its role of supporting the NHS, and I look forward to working with ABHILord Phillip Hunt (Opposition front-bench spokesman on health, House of Lords )